Tuesday, October 17, 2006

Imagine There's No People - The Earth Without Man

My sister is a very intelligent and well informed gal, she sent me this link to a graphic on how the earth would shape up if man were eliminated.

This is my response:


I reviewed it quickly.

But as I understand it methane is largely a by product of animal waste - so it will not be gone unless all animals are gone. I'm sure some of the other science is likewise enthusiastically presented -
I know, thats not the point.

Thomas Malthus proved in the late1700s that the earth could not support its then current population - similar scientists and economists are still proving the same thing. Some century the may be right - just not this one. There is plenty of food - just lousy government controlled methods of distribution. Again - not the point of the graphic.

The point seems to be earth will be better without everyone else, I'm sure the author would like to preserve
their little tribe - maybe. This may be the environmentalist religion's (I consider that graphic a partial statement of faith) version of the Jehovah Witness' 144 thousand - a few selected individuals will remain. How do they plan to de-select the rest of humanity?

If I were able I would concoct a similar time-line of what could be accomplished if people were not shackled with unreasonable societal constraints, laws, and regulations.

Man's ingenuity and God's direction can clean up this mess much faster - and all done in enlightened self interest.

A first step from my admittedly extremist viewpoint is to disassemble the too BIGS, big government, big corporations, big unions, big education, etc. I happily can be an optimist because I believe the end of the industrial age is doing this.

Individuals empowered by technology can and will define solutions to the pressing problems now faced.

Love and blessings,

Allan



Bastiat Free University
self-directed learning
for visionaries


Web Fiction:
Complicit Simplicity
Hacktivism End Game


or

*hacktivist*


or

Cyberhug.me
Can hackers win the war
for peace and freedom?



Build your own one page lens like:

Building A Successful Business