Thursday, January 12, 2006

Rantless in Orange County

Feelin' good - down right content in fact.

Sure political pole cats and their mendacious mouthpieces are still lying on both sides of the aisle.

I'm enjoying life, so I don't want to soil my mind for a day or three.

If you want to know what is wrong in America, and a potential fix look here.

A friend and I were talking last night about how easy it is to string regrets like a chain around your neck. Many carry such a burden, displaying it to everyone they meet.

I coulda, I shoulda, just a wee bit more - or less - an' I woulda....

Regrets are in the past, facts cannot be changed by swimming in sorrows. Although the picture of that heavy chain of regrets dragging you to the bottom may be accurate.

After my friend left I realized as a Christian I have a great promise:
All things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are called according to his purpose.

In prayer I took my past,
the past is part of everything, and turned it over to God.

Today I am content.

Life is like a great chess board.

The problem for me alone is the pieces all have free will. I can think many moves ahead against a single opponent and do fine. In life each piece can and does follow their own changing set of moves, or sits and won't be moved.

God is both smarter and wiser than I am; and he loves me more than I love myself. If he has worked all things together for my good, I would be silly to continue to worry about the past.

God is my chess master, looking at the board as it is, and making moves to win.

Jesus took my half finished game of life, filled with self deterministic pieces, and developed a winning strategy. As play continues, he will guide with appropriate changes to that strategy.

I am continuing to move toward the future, but I am not burdened with the past.

I am content.

.



Bastiat Free University
self-directed learning
for visionaries


Web Fiction:
Complicit Simplicity
Hacktivism End Game


or

*hacktivist*


or

Cyberhug.me
Can hackers win the war
for peace and freedom?



Build your own one page lens like:

Building A Successful Business