Sunday, April 24, 2005

A quick lesson, for myself, again

.
For the last couple of weeks I've been looking forward to a tournament between bloggers. There were about 80 of us that showed up, and I had the day clear.

That was my first mistake.

Once lunch was past I sat down at the computer. I have been trying to set up Bastiat Free University for a while now, and just this week had found an open source teaching program that looks like it might work. 3 or 4 hours before the tourney started I dug in. The program was written in Italian, the manuals have been translated, and I am digging my way through.

The Alarm rings, I open the online poker tourney, with about 6 other pages from BFU spread about on the computer desktop. I never even got started at poker, my mind was in SCROOM packages, or something that holds lesson objects, or maybe.....

Anyway, I was maybe third or fourth to blow out. Terrible play on my part, and then right back to BFU.

Finance or poker, its better not to play then play with your mind elsewhere. I should have let my son take the table. Probably I should have watched a movie after lunch.

Sadly, I think I will have to learn this lesson again.
.



Bastiat Free University
self-directed learning
for visionaries


Web Fiction:
Complicit Simplicity
Hacktivism End Game


or

*hacktivist*


or

Cyberhug.me
Can hackers win the war
for peace and freedom?



Build your own one page lens like:

Building A Successful Business